Our clients, friends and/or estate planning colleagues have recommended the following books. We have not read them all, but pass these titles along to you for consideration.
On the general topic of preparing heirs for receiving your estate:
- The Ultimate Gift (by Jim Stovall) Curt gives this a personal “thumb’s up”!
- Silver Spoon Kids (by Jon and Eileen Gallo)
- Wealth in Families (Charles Collier) Curt gives this a personal “thumb’s up”!
- Children of Paradise (Lee Hausner)
- Beyond the Grave (Gerald and Jeffrey Condon)
- Family Wealth (Jay Hughes)
- The Financially Intelligent Parent: 8 Steps to Raising Successful, Generous, Responsible Children (Penguin USA/New American Library 2005).
If you have recently lost a loved one (clients have recommended these):
- Getting to the Other Side of Grief (by Susan Zonnebelt-Smeenge & Robert DeVries)
- Traveling Through Grief (by Susan Zonnebelt-Smeenge & Robert DeVries)
- Heaven (by Randy Alcorn)
- On Grief and Grieving (by Elizabeth Kubler-Ross)
- Chicken Soup for the Grieving Soul
- Healing a Spouse’s Grieving Heart (by Alan Wolfelt)
- Coping when your spouse dies (by Medard Laz)
On passing on wisdom and values:
- Your Legacy: The Greatest Gift, by Dr. James Dobson, on leaving your children a spiritual legacy.
- By Any Other Name: Exposing the Deception, Mythology, and Tragedy of Secularism (by James Abernathy)